John Hudson is a specialist in Family Finance work, particularly cases involving businesses. As a company director himself, his practice extends from Family Law to providing advice, drafting and advocacy in other aspects of law affecting families including company law, director and partnership disputes and also embraces employment, landlord and tenant and wills and probate within the context of ancillary relief proceedings and beyond.
Admitted as a solicitor in 1993 prior to being called to the Bar in 2006, John has conducted ancillary relief cases ranging from those making modest assets to high net worth cases involving farms, pensions, businesses and cases with a foreign element. John is based in North Yorkshire, enjoys a national practice and is happy to travel.
Applications for financial remedies
Complex Company accounts
Offshore bank accounts
Pre nuptial agreements
John is also prepared to consider accepting private law children and domestic violence/injunction cases. He is accredited to accept work on a public access basis. As part of his commercial practice, John is also happy to accept instructions in credit hire, defendant only matters.
- Husband in an application for a financial remedy following foreign divorce proceedings.
- Wife in a financial remedy application involving substantial farm assets.
- Wife in a financial remedy case involving a husband with a dramatically shortened life expectancy.
- Intervenor in a case involving a family farming business.
- Husband in a financial remedy case involving a husband and wife and family owned transport business.
- Wife in a financial remedy case involving property abroad.
- Husband in a financial remedy case involving substantial pension assets.
John is a keen horseman and keeps a Clydesdale and and IDxTB hunter together with a small flock of rare breed sheep on his land in the Yorkshire Dales.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you [John Hudson] very much for your professional advice, without which things would not have gone so smoothly. Bruce & Monika Gwynne