Caroline is a direct-access barrister and company secretary providing Board Support services whether in the UK or looking to expand into international markets. She can offer prompt legal advice, review and draft contracts, represent you or your company in court, conduct litigation or represent you at mediation or arbitration, without the need for a solicitor. This helps to reduce risk, keep costs down and saves your organisation time.
Caroline has been a practising Barrister since October 2000 and has provided legal and company secretarial services to a broad range of clients in areas including Construction, Engineering and Technology, Travel and Tourism, Insurance, Not-For- Profit, Charity, the food and drinks retail industry, music and radio industry, and Property Management.
Her skills and experience have been developed through years of legal advocacy and through in- house legal and company secretarial positions including at Broadway Malyan Limited a top ten International architectural company, ICAP plc a FTSE 100 finance company and various NGOs organised from within the Crown Agents alongside DIFD.
Furthermore, as an accredited Mediator, Arbitrator and Technology and Construction Bar Association approved Adjudicator you can be confident that Caroline is able to propose and negotiate commercially realistic solutions to your business needs and help you to settle for more.
- Comprehensive Company and Commercial legal advice, assistance and support to help you grow your business;
- Reviewing, negotiation and Drafting of a variety of Commercial Contracts – including but not limited to Terms and Conditions of Business, Heads of Agreement, Share/Asset Purchase Agreements, Joint Venture/Shareholder Agreements, Franchise Agreements, International Sales Agreements, Agency Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Intellectual Property Licences, Investment Agreements, Construction Contracts and Commercial Leases;
- The Business Pre-Nup: Shareholder and Partnership Agreements – including a review of the business objectives of the parties and investment options, with a focus on commercial aim and exit strategies;
- Evaluation, management and mitigation of legal and reputational risk to help you grow with confidence;
- Acquisitions, restructuring, mergers and disposals at home and overseas;
- Construction and Technology Law matters;
- Employment Law – including employment contracts, staff handbooks, directors’ service contracts, employee shareholder agreements and settlement agreements. Now also offering independent legal advice to potential employee shareholders;
- Conducting Litigation and representation in court;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Memberships include The Bar Council of England and Wales, the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, the Civil Mediation Council, the Technology and Construction Bar Association and the Human Rights Law Association.
I have found Caroline to be one of the most knowledgeable, responsive and dedicated legal practitioners I have ever worked with. Andreas Voniatis Data Scientist at Artios